When creating templates in DocuSign, PDF forms created using LiveCycle Designer do not upload, and do not give an error message. This makes things a little difficult, because LiveCycle forms are just prettier than you standard, every-day forms!
No need to fear, though, I have figured out the solution:
- Create and save the form in LiveCycle Designer.
- Open the form in Acrobat Pro.
- Click File > Print, then select Adobe PDF for the printer.
- Click Print.
- Enter a name for the new file, then click Save.
- Return to the DocuSign admin and upload the document into the template that you were previously creating.
I know, it really doesn’t make a lot of sense why you should need to take a document that is already a PDF and convert it to… A PDF!! It seems that the DocuSign system just doesn’t recognize the XML formatting that LiveCycle Designer uses to create beautiful forms as a valid PDF, so re-saving it as a PDF in Acrobat takes care of that for you.
It would also be prudent for me to tell you that you need to do this again any time you make changes to the document in LiveCycle Designer. Yes, every time. Sorry!